Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mmmm my coffee sho is good!!

It's the only thing that gets me awake on these early summer monrings(My aunt thinks I have an addiction...I decline). Well there's that and World famous Barry McGee was standing there listening to my band's (Sundy Bess) performance this past weekend at Queens Nails Annex. Oh I didn't tell you bout that show did I? I know, It's been a busy week and weekend. Very eventful. Very fun!!
Man...no flyers or nothing. Sorry.
CBack to Barry McGee for a moment. He's shown everywhere. The first time I saw his work I was about 16 or 17 years old, in New York on a class trip to visit NY museums. Barry's work was in the MOMA NYC. The first time in my life I had personally seen graffiti-style work in a museum...displayed seriously in that environment (it was always outside for me. Anyway, just an amazing sense of journey because I came to San Francisco with a graffiti inspired portfolio of 2-D work and came out of school majoring in New Genres, focusing on performance.....and Barry McGee sees me sing, Lisa ripping, and Sergio drumming! Just cool!
Here's a sample of his work:





Wait!!!!!!!

As I was just doing this post BARRY MCGEE SENT JULIO (MORALES) AN EMAIL ASKING "SUNDY BESS" TO PLAY A PAID GIG THIS SATURDAY!!!!!

and we thought this past Friday at Queens Nails was our last show. Ha!

God is good!!! Whatever your passion and hearts dream aspiration KEEP PUSHING, WITH FAITH, for it will come to pass. His promises WILL come to pass!! He will pour you out a blessing so much that you will not room enough to receive it. Thank you God!
totally unexpected!

So the show on saturday is at Bolinas Museum! You can check out details on the Barry McGee and (his wife) Clare Rojas exhibition this Saturday. We will perform after Clare Rojas, who in addition to painting performs. If you're in town come on out! You know it's gonna be amazing!

Here's the link: http://www.bolinasmuseum.org/current_exhibitions_main.html

K. and these are just a few photos from Friday's video group show "OCD" at Queen's Nails Annex (June 11, 2010) (Thanks Susan!!! Thanks Tomo - He served up Lisa's good fried rice!!)

(That's me, Lisa, and Sergio)




(There Barry McGee, below, with the light behind his head!)

Yeahhhhhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here